Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lazy weekend & Yummy Soup Recipe

We have had a pretty lazy weekend so far full of house cleaning, TV, cooking, & playing with Wiley. Mom came down since all the guys are at the deer camp and we spend the day running around Magnolia shopping and spending the day together.  Since Jason has been hunting today and will most likely go tomorrow, that of course means another day of lazy time for me & wiley. :)

Which brings me to our puppy update.....

 For all of you that know our sweet little dog Wiley, you know how mischievous he can be.  For those of you who don't, do not be fooled by his sweet little face!

We recued him last March and ever since we have loved having him as part of our family, especially since Bear passed away, he has definitely filled that place in our lives.

He knows how to really make a mess. The people that owned our house before us also had an outside dog who loved to dig & bury.  Wiley has made it his personal life mission to un-dig everything that the previous pup had hidden. 
 Of these things he has dug up a tennis racket, 4 footballs, 23 tennis balls, 5 golf balls, 6 dr. pepper cans, 3 trash bags, a silver car bumper, a hand saw, a shovel, a baby doll, and several other un-identified objects-and yes, I said a BUMPER! 

He tends to find the toys and destroy what he can and scatter around the yard. I've picked up 3, 30-gallon trash bags full of Wiley's "treasures" that he has found. He has almost dug up every inch of our flower beds in the back yard.  Hopefully we won't have any other surprises from him and he will start behaving himself since it's almost Christmas time and Santa might have to put him on the naughty list!


Look at that sweet face...


Wiley the cow dog! He always has a way with the ladies...they look for him every time we walk the farm road & fight each other to kiss him! It's so adorable!

Just laying by the back door enjoying spending the day with mom.

I did accomplish a few things besides just playing with Wiley & shopping with mom. I discovered a wonderful & amazing thing...

 Okay ...if you like McCalisters and you like soup, I've got the recipe for you.  Jason & I love McCalister's & I always get their torilla soup every time I go there. I like it a lot better than the broth versions because it is cheesy.  So, today I thought I would try to copy-cat it & I hit the nail right on the head! It's almost identical. 

 Paula.....
Ree.....
 WATCH OUT....

You can add corn or beans to this as you like, but I wanted mine to be just like theirs, so I didn't add anything extra.

 Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup


Ingredients:
1 Rotisserie Chicken cut up
1/2-1 whole onion
1 can rotel
1 small can green chilis
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese (or nacho cheese) soup
2 cups chicken broth
(pinch of cayenne if you want a little extra kick, taste first!)

1. Cut up chicken & add to crock pot.
2.Saute onion in a little olive oil until tender & toss in.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on high for about 3 hours or low around 4-6.
4. Serve with Tortilla chips, Cheese, Cilantro, & Sour Cream

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment