Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's my party!!!

Saturday was Maci's 6th Birthday!!!

And as you know, no doggie birthday would be complete without a fabulous party.  Jason's parents just so happened to be throwing a fish fry Saturday night, so we kind of turned it into a Maci birthday party. Jason's parents have two Boston terrors, Molly & Mindy, so I decided to make the "M" girls doggie birthday cupcakes.  Maci was so excited to get to share her cupcakes with her friends!

I researched on pintrest to find a safe doggie cake recipe & I found this really easy one. I tweaked it a little because I didn't have an egg or any carrots on hand.  They still turned out good (even though I wouldn't recommend it to humans :)

Maci's Birthday Cupcakes
  • cup of whole wheat flour (bleached flour is not healthy for dogs.)
  • 1tsp of baking soda

  • 1/4 cup of peanut butter

  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil


  • Mix Together.  Place in baking cups & Bake for 350 for about 20-30 minutes.  Cool & Ice with Maci's Special Birthday Icing!

    Peanut Puppy Icing

    1 cup peanut butter
    2tbs honey
    1/2 cup milk (more to thin)

    Mix with electric mixer (Makes a creamy, whipped icing)

    *Top Cupcakes with oats (like sprinkles) & put their favorite dog treat in as decoration.  I just so happened to have a Rachel Ray "Just 6" dog treat. Didn't even notice it until I was putting it all together, but I thought it made a cute final touch!



    Yummy Peanut butter Birthday cupcakes!



    Here is the birthday princess enjoying her cupcakes! Her hat got a little lop-sided since she was so excited!

    Hanging out with dad & Todd.


    About to dig in!

    Molly & Mindy loved their treats too!

    Jason & Todd are so photogenic! haha!

    Is that all we get?


    Overall, Maci Had a great birthday Saturday with all of her family and friends!

    This week I am headed to Hot Springs for work for our annual Spring Career Coach conference.  Jason & Maci will have to keep each other company while I'm away. I have the fridge stocked with turkey, frozen pizza, & pop tarts, so maybe they will survive without me :(

    Thought I would post a pic of our cute gift that Edessa & I picked out for our Door prize.  One very
    "lucky" career coach will win our tote filled with fun goodies! (I secretly hope it's me!)



    Last year every one of our coaches at UACCH won a door prize (including my boss who was only there for about 10 hrs).  I'm hoping this is my lucky year to win something really good!!!

    Have a good week everyone!!!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment