Friday, May 11, 2012

April recap!

I cannot even believe how behind I am on our blog. April was my birthday month (which many of you know I celebrate all month long!) We have been so busy with school wrapping up, spring football, Jason's softball games, and all of the other many things going on, we have no idea where the month has gone!

A few nights ago, we left Maci in the laundry room to sleep in her own bed. When I woke up, this is what i found.  Looks like she decided to have her a mid-night snack-a-roo!  The funniest part is she somehow go;0t the bowl out of it's holder and put it on her bed.  As you can see, she left a few crumbs in the bed...Oops!

She even managed to keep a few pieces in the bowl!

In other doggie news....


Here is the newest crazy thing that Wiley has dug up from our back yard, an arrow & a dr. pepper can.


He digs up all of his goodies & brings them all on the back patio for us.  He is so thoughtful :)

-------

One thing I must share is this wonderful Pintrest recipe that I have made a few times and just can't get enough of.  If you are like me, I pin an incredibly large number of recipes on my boards and usually don't get around to making half of them! So....I thought I'd use my blog to help promote some of my favorite pintrest finds in the recipe sector.  I sometimes tend to change the recipes up a bit, so I will include my revisions as well!  

For all of you that are like me and have a major sweet tooth, but are constantly counting calories-MAKE THIS! You can't hardly tell the difference in the diet version & the real one.  I also tried the dt. dr. pepper version w/chocolate cake and didn't really like it, but this one with the 7 up is awesome!



As you can see...I'm sort of a messy cook!

Final product before plopping in the oven. This batter is amaze-balls! I could drink this stuff!

 Dt. Strawberry Cake

1 box strawberry cake mix
2 cups diet 7-up (add until your batter looks right)
1 box small sugar free strawberry jello
1 cup water
fresh strawberries
cool whip

Pour into greased baking sheet or cake pan.  Bake at 350 for around 15-20 minutes or until tooth pick comes clean.

Next...
Whisk jello mix & water.  Poke holes into cake & pour jello mixture over cake. Top with Cool Whip & fresh strawberries

Yumm-O!
*Not sure how many calories but it can't be too bad! 


Here are all of my wonderful birthday goodies from Jason-Flower Bomb Perfume & a new watch! He is so good to me and spoils me so much. I am so lucky to have such an amazing hubby!


Mom, dad, & Austen got me a new Hobo & Sonicare tooth brush which I am super excited about! I was thrilled to get both of those-Plus she brought me a strawberry pie, which I devoured all by myself.


I know this blog posting is all over the place and probably crazy to read, but I had a lot to catch up on.  We have a busy week planned full of graduations so hopefully I'll have a good post about that soon. 

Not much planned for the weekend-
Date night tonight, Lazy/rainy day in tomorrow, & mother's day on Sunday.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment