Here is a list of my goals for 2012:
1) To be a better Christian
I plan on focusing more of my life to God, his word, & living through him.
2) Be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc.
In the last year, I feel as if I have neglected so many of the loved ones in my life and I want to do better with spending time, phone calls, cards, remembering birthdays & special moments, sending texts....I NEED to do this.
3) Loosing 30 lbs.
I have set myself a goal to eat healthier & exercise to reach my perfect weight. I have thought long and hard and I have challenged myself to loose 30 lbs before my 25th birthday. I have so many reasons for deciding to do this.
- My Health-I don't want to be skinny, just healthy.
- My husband-every hubby loves a smoking hot wife! haha!
- My dream for a baby-I know God knows when the time is right to bless us with a baby and I have pledged to be ready for this. I want to be in the best possible shape and ready to provide my baby with a healthy environment to be brought into.
- My best friend's wedding. One of my very best friends from college, Lauren, is engaged and will be getting married this fall. I want to look and feel great at her wedding!
- To revamp my closet-there are so many clothes & shoes I have that I have dreamed about fitting (back) into. With a few life changes, some of these cute dresses, jeans, & shoes will bring back all of those old warm fuzzies when I put them on. I can't wait for that feeling of putting on my "skinny jeans" & them being a little big :)
4) Saving money & paying off a few things
5) Making investments in our new house
There are so many things I want to do better with this year, but only time will tell if I accomplish all these goals on my list for 2012. The first three goals WILL happen. The other two, well, I'm going to try my best! Whatever changes I make, I know they will be positive and that's what I'm looking for.
I will blog every Monday to keep you updated with my weight loss progress. Since today is Monday, I will give a brief starter of what my plan is. I've been scanning the internet for ideas and inspiration for food, exercise, & success stories. After all of this deliberation, I have decided not to do some fad diet, pills, crazy workout plan, or anything of that sort. I'm loosing it the old fashioned way. I'm watching my calories, fats, & carbs. I'm eating healtier foods. I'm challenging myself to drink 8 glasses of water every day. I'm still keeping diet coke (I have to keep something sinful to trick myself into thinking I'm cheating!). But, I will only drink 1 dt. coke per day. I'm cutting back! I'm weighing every week-Monday morning to be precise. I will post my progress each week. I'm joining a gym here in town probably next week. I'm taking this week just to get in the habbit of starting to eat healthy. Maybe I'll loose a couple of pounds this week just watching what I eat. We will see.
Over the holidays, I have gained a solid 5 lbs. :( Very depressing because my goal was to maintain. I had lost almost 15 lbs after we moved to Magnolia with just watching what I ate and getting active, so I really wanted to keep that off. It's pretty disheartening to have lost the first battle, but I plan to win the war! I am hoping this week I can loose a few of those 5 lbs I gained and start fresh next Monday with working out and working towards the goal. Hopefully I will have good news to report next Monday! Please keep me in your prayers through all of my resolutions. After this incredibly long post, it's time for my mid-morning snack. I'm eating unsweetened applesauce (30 calories) with a glass of water.
But...what I'm really craving is a powdered & chocolate covered mini donut.
This is going to be a long 4 months!