Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Well 2011 has come and gone and I am jumping on the resolution band wagon. What better time to have a fresh start and change some bad habbits? I realize that I have neglected my blog, so I'm going to do a better job of that (unofficial resolution) and try to blog weekly of my progress. 

Here is a list of my goals for 2012:

1) To be a better Christian
I plan on focusing more of my life to God, his word, & living through him.

2) Be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc.
In the last year, I feel as if I have neglected so many of the loved ones in my life and I want to do better with spending time, phone calls, cards, remembering birthdays & special moments, sending texts....I NEED to do this.

3) Loosing 30 lbs.
I have set myself a goal to eat healthier & exercise to reach my perfect weight.  I have thought long and hard and I have challenged myself to loose 30 lbs before my 25th birthday. I have so many reasons for deciding to do this.
  • My Health-I don't want to be skinny, just healthy.
  • My husband-every hubby loves a smoking hot wife! haha!
  • My dream for a baby-I know God knows when the time is right to bless us with a baby and I have pledged to be ready for this. I want to be in the best possible shape and ready to provide my baby with a healthy environment to be brought into.
  • My best friend's wedding.  One of my very best friends from college, Lauren, is engaged and will be getting married this fall. I want to look and feel great at her wedding!
  • To revamp my closet-there are so many clothes & shoes I have that I have dreamed about fitting (back) into. With a few life changes, some of these cute dresses, jeans, & shoes will bring back all of those old warm fuzzies when I put them on. I can't wait for that feeling of putting on my "skinny jeans" & them being a little big :)
4) Saving money & paying off a few things

5) Making investments in our new house

There are so many things I want to do better with this year, but only time will tell if I accomplish all these goals on my list for 2012.  The first three goals WILL happen.  The other two, well, I'm going to try my best!  Whatever changes I make, I know they will be positive and that's what I'm looking for. 

I will blog every Monday to keep you updated with my weight loss progress. Since today is Monday, I will give  a brief starter of what my plan is.  I've been scanning the internet for ideas and inspiration for food, exercise, & success stories.  After all of this deliberation, I have decided not to do some fad diet, pills, crazy workout plan, or anything of that sort. I'm loosing it the old fashioned way.  I'm watching my calories, fats, & carbs.  I'm eating healtier foods.  I'm challenging myself to drink 8 glasses of water every day.  I'm still keeping diet coke (I have to keep something sinful to trick myself into thinking I'm cheating!).  But, I will only drink 1 dt. coke per day. I'm cutting back! I'm weighing every week-Monday morning to be precise.  I will post my progress each week. I'm joining a gym here in town probably next week. I'm taking this week just to get in the habbit of starting to eat healthy. Maybe I'll loose a couple of pounds this week just watching what I eat. We will see.

Over the holidays, I have gained a solid 5 lbs.  :( Very depressing because my goal was to maintain. I had lost almost 15 lbs after we moved to Magnolia with just watching what I ate and getting active, so I really wanted to keep that off. It's pretty disheartening to have lost the first battle, but I plan to win the war!  I am hoping this week I can loose a few of those 5 lbs I gained and start fresh next Monday with working out and working towards the goal.  Hopefully I will have good news to report next Monday! Please keep me in your prayers through all of my resolutions. After this incredibly long post, it's time for my mid-morning snack.  I'm eating unsweetened applesauce (30 calories) with a glass of water.

 But...what I'm really craving is a powdered & chocolate covered mini donut.
This is going to be a long 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment