Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 3: Diet update

Confession...I did not work out last week (or any this week for that matter).



And....I cheated yesterday....very badly! First we ate a wonderful mexican lunch at Superior-I'm still wanting some more salsa! But no, that's not all...


Can you see where I'm going with this? 

Jason & I spent our day off yesterday in Bossier spending gift cards & making returns.  On our way around the boardwalk, we wandered by Cold Stone, our all time favorite treat! Thanks to my hubby, I soon found myself contemplating between my two favorites: Birthday Cake remix & Strawberry Banana Rendezvous. I wound up choosing the strawberry since it was so hot outside.  Oh it was amazing. There was nothing more romantic than sitting by the Red River enjoying an afternoon sweetie with my sweetie!

Now, to semi-explain my splurging, I weighed in yesterday morning and have lost 6 pounds! YAY!! South beach diet is working its magic.  Since starting last Wednesday, I lost 4 pounds. I have been doing really good eating the last two weeks, working out occasionally, which I plan on implementing more once the craziness of Spring semester slows down in the next month or so.

With all of that being said, I did NOT weigh this morning after my "day of fun" yesterday. Call it denial, but the good news is I did really good today and am back on track. I plan to extend my Phase 1 an extra day next week to make up for my splurge. We are starting our weight loss challenge at work next week, so I'm not trying "too" hard until the competition starts.  Then I guess I'll have to get my new tone ups on and go for a walk if I want to win this thing!

Just thought I'd share my updates and my turn around from last week's post.  I am so thankful to be headed in the right direction.  :)  How are you all coming along?



No comments:

Post a Comment