Monday, January 9, 2012

Weight loss challenge...

WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE: WEEK 1

So after waking up at 4:30 am to the sound of dripping rain down my window seal & my husband's BLARING alarm clock, I made the hardest decision ever...I got up...put on my clothes & went to the gym in the rain with my hubby.  And boy did I work out!
I clearly almost died. 
 I mean, I totally had a biggest looser moment. You know...the one where the big girl is on the tread mill, breathing so hard & sweating to the point where she can't see..breath....talk...move...and almost falls off the treadmill from pure exhaustion...then throws up in the corner?  That was me. 
Except I didn't throw up! (gold star for b!)

I weighed in this morning and after a long, solid week of mildly working out (walking & doing bleachers) & using fruit, vegetables, chicken, low fat, low carb and so on....

I lost 2 pounds.

I know.

My first thoughts were...how did this happen????!!!!

In reality I should be happy I'm moving in the right direction, but it feels like I should have lost way more! It's very discouraging to not see better results.  The hardest part for me has been this massive tape worm in my stomach! I am soooooooo hungry...all......the....time.

I'm thinking I might have to result to what I DIDN'T want to do. Diet.  South Beach always works & I thought I might incorporate slim fast in with the SB since I have such a busy schedule lately.  I have to do something to get this weightloss started ASAP! I'm giving it until Monday, if not, I'm headed for South Beach.
On a positive note, things this week to motivate me:
  • Signed up for a weight loss challenge at work. The winner gets $300!
  • Sent in my measurements for my bridesmaid dress for Lauren's wedding
  • Started planning a trip back to Vegas in May for our 2nd Anniversary!
The funniest part of this whole weight loss extravaganza rollercoaster that I'm on is that this afternoon Jason's sweet younger cousin brought me a belated Christmas present today. 

It ironically was a casserole dish carrier.

Oh how yummy it would be to whip up some pioneer woman chicken spaghetti or mexican casserole to go in it?!!!
A girl can dream right? I really did LOVE my casserole dish carrier and I've been wanting one for a long time. Sometimes it's so funny how things come to you though when you least expect them!

Updates, how are you doing on your weight loss goals/resolutions?  HANG IN THERE!

In closing...I am refusing to say "roll tide" or talk anything sports related in this post.  I honestly think I'm the only person in the universe not watching the BCS game tonight, but Maci & I are happily cuddled on the couch watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills & Atlanta, trying to stay awake for Jason to get home. Maybe next week I'll have better news to share, but until then I'm still working towards the goal!

2 comments:

  1. I am counting calories on my fitness pal! You should join its free! You can enter your workouts also. There are ao many inspiring women who have lost 50+ lbs abd it is so nice to have them encourage me kn my weight loss journey!I worked out hard last week and only lost 2lba too I was a lite discouraged but I know this weeks I will just work harder!!
    Hang in there! Do what works for you though. I made a vow to myself I wouldn't change eating things I love... I instead i am eating smaller portions and just eating a fruit as a snack instead of a bag of chips I feel better about eating a snack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! That makes me feel so much better. I can tell you have been working really hard too. All that working out you are doing, you will see results. We can both do it & have to keep each other motivated. It will all pay off when we fit back into our skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete