Saturday, March 3, 2012

Catching up...February recap

I have been so behind with blog posts lately. February was a whirl wind month for us. Jason was busy coaching basketball and I had several financial aid events planned for work.  I am so thankful that February is OVER! 

I thought I would share a few fun pics of what we did do in February.  The weekend before Valentines day, we kept Makynzie, our friends TJ & Merina's little girl, so they could go out on a date for Valentines Day. We loved getting to spend time with this sweet little girl! And she loves taking pictures, crafting, & cooking (just like I do) so that makes for a pretty fun blog post!

First, we went grocery shopping & got stuff to make her favorite foods, pizza & cookies! Because she did so good in Wal-mart, she got a prize-a jewelry making kit! Once we got home, Jason & Mak began designing jewelry together. Here are some of the pics I snapped!


I had no idea my hubby was such a great Jewelry designer! haha!

Picking out the perfect beads...


The finished product.

Modeling my necklace Makynzie made me.  She said it would "go with anything" & that I "could wear it everyday!"

Making our homemade pizzas.

Makynzie made an "m" with polka dots around it with her baby pepperonis

Makynzie also helped me bake some yummy cookies for dessert. Licking the spoon is the best part!

Getting ready to test out the finished product...as you can see, Maci is hiding under the table scavenging for food, hoping Makynzie will drop her a pepperoni.

We had a great night baking & crafting with Makynzie. I am so thankful to have such great friends that will share their precious daughter with us. It brought back a lot of memories of things that I used to do with my mom and it really made me think about how ready I am to have my own little girl to bake with and craft with one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment